Historically, crude oil overproduction has always resulted in a global oil glut and a subsequent oil price collapse. The current cycle of low oil prices is challenging the International and National Oil Companies (IOC’s) & (NOC’s) alike, both upstream and downstream of the Oil & Gas supply chain. This has prompted these businesses to reinvent themselves and to abandon traditional strategic planning exercises in favor of resizing, merging, or putting projects on hold and in extreme situations project cancellation, as well as laying-off personnel.
A closer look at production activities shows that although the cost of oil production may be uneconomical, the industry still needs to continue to explore and develop oil and gas projects so as to meet future demand.
This Mini MBA in Oil & Gas and Energy Management training course provides delegates with a broader understanding of the key concerns facing the petroleum industry and furnishes them with skills and knowledge to effectively identify and tackle these issues. In depth awareness of the current advances in Oil & Gas project management techniques addressing risk management, planning and scheduling approaches and project finance and economics will ensure a successful management of future Oil & Gas energy projects.
This training course will feature:
- The Importance of highlighting success factors in each category of energy business models
- Effective clarification of core issues, tactics and concepts in the Oil & Gas sector
- The application of a wider management perspective in the global Oil & Gas business
- Detailed Risk Management practices in the Oil and Gas Industries
- Discussions on applications of project management in an Oil & Gas environment
- An understanding of how the expectation for Oil & Gas demand will shape the industry in the future
- Personnel sufficiently skilled and competent to comprehend and weather cycles of low oil prices
By the end of this training course, participants will be able to:
- Appreciate the important issues facing the industry and the strategies to effectively address them
- Gain a clear understanding of the companies that make up the petroleum industry
- Learn about the geopolitical issues surrounding global Oil & Gas supply, transportation and pricing
- Gain specific skills in budgeting finance and strategic planning whilst assessing the commercial viability of Oil & Gas Projects
- Understand the management of resource allocation (money, time, people, technology)
- Develop an understanding of how derivative markets can be utilized in risk management
- Acquire an understanding and compare various international fiscal systems
- Explain the nature and fundamental of Oil & Gas Projects and Project Management
- Function more effectively and efficiently in today’s competitive Oil & Gas business environment
- Evaluate the strategic challenges facing the industry and implications for their organization
This training course will utilize a variety of proven adult learning techniques that ensure maximum understanding, comprehension and retention of the information presented. The daily workshops will be highly interactive and participative. The training course combines PowerPoint presentation with interactive practical exercises, supported by videos, activities and case studies.
Active delegate participation will be encouraged to relate taught material and case studies with their own experiences from their respective industries.
Who Should Attend?
This Mini MBA training course is essential for personnel that need to improve their leadership presence and learn more about risks and strategic planning in the Oil & Gas industry.
It is suitable to a wide range of professionals but will greatly benefit:
- Business Development Professionals
- Corporate Planners, Investment Analysts, Oil & Gas Directors who would appreciate the gist of a full Oil & Gas energy MBA study program
- More senior Oil & Gas executives intrigued by the concepts of an MBA but lacking the time for a full MBA
- Managers in the Oil & Gas energy sector that want a ‘taster’ to see if a full MBA might be for them
- Professionals who have already done a generic MBA but want to relate those processes to the Oil & Gas industries
- Managers in industries and professions supplying or serving the industry who would like a deeper understanding of oil and gas, e.g. bankers, lawyers, analysts, service majors etc.
- Project managers, Engineers, Supply Planners & Scheduling Professional