This course provides insight into how engineering might change and how engineers can think differently about sustainability within their organisations, and about the challenges posed by ‘unsustainability’. It will enable participants to identify organisational risks and engineering changes required to increase organisational resilience, and to build prosperity, stability and security.
Future presents challenges and opportunities for engineers interested in sustainability and in achieving the capacity for long term continuity. Energy systems will look very different due to the impacts of constrained resources on nearly all aspects of life. Climate change also forces a consideration of different approaches to engineered systems.
This course will feature:
- Historical context of Sustainability, Unsustainability, and Energy systems
- Key challenges, risks and future scenarios for participants own organisations
- Fundamentals of the “Transition Engineering” approach
- Engineering tools for Transition Engineering
- Opportunities presented by sustainability for your own organisation