Just because a company needs restructuring – financial or operational – does not mean it will do so. An erosion of Stakeholder value may occur for a variety of reasons, including Management interference. This program shows you how to do things right.
Corporate restructuring is defined as any fundamental change in a company’s business or financial structure, designed to increase the company’s value. Corporate restructuring is often divided into two parts; either 1) Financial restructuring or 2) Operational restructuring. This seminar emphasizes the practical side of corporate restructuring in today’s ever-challenging world. It focuses on the two objectives of the practical application through case studies, examples and Excel® models as well as discussions of alternatives.
Main ideas explored include:
- What is restructuring & what are the alternatives
- When & why should you restructure vs. not
- How to calculate the “real” value of a firm both before & after a restructuring
- What is Leverage; when to use it and how best to finance it
- When to divest an operating unit & how to do it to optimize the remaining value
On completion of this module delegates will be able to:
- Fully understand the various form of restructuring
- Discuss the real difference between Corporate & Financial restructuring
- Know when to acquire vs. divest an operating unit
- How to value an entity or an entire firm
- Know when to Leverage vs. Deleverage
- Learn to use a range of Excel models (provided)
The training comprises teaching sessions covering each topic area with the theory blended with practical application. Additionally, real world examples & case studies will be used so that the Delegates will be able to apply these techniques immediately. Delegates then use the provided Excel® templates to apply their new knowledge case studies to reinforce the concepts.
The organization will benefit by:
- Having Experts in-house to develop advanced decision support models
- Higher productivity of personnel involved in restructuring analysis
- Improved performance of corporate & financial restructuring methods
- Better ways to plan & measure results of decisions
- Realizing better options when facing divestiture choices
- Better integration between functional areas leading to better decisions
The delegate will benefit by:
- Developing an improved understanding of the risks & benefits of corporate & financial restructuring in today’s challenging world.
- Really understanding the risks & rewards of leverage
- Being able to calculate the value of the firm in the real world
- Understanding to cost/benefit of a divesture
- Enhancing their knowledge with the use of the models in the case studies
- Significantly increasing their Excel® analysis skills
Who Should Attend?
- Corporate finance officers
- Strategic planners
- Mergers & Acquisition specialists
- Corporate officers
- Commercial and investment bankers
- Securities analysts
- Private equity specialists
- Asset managers
- And other individuals whose professional future may be enhanced by an understanding of restructuring techniques.
Day 1 - Introduction to Restructuring
Day 2 - The Why & How of Restructuring
Day 3 - Valuation in Restructuring
Day 4 - Leverage
Day 5 - Divestitures